The core business of African Distillers Limited is the manufacture, distribution and marketing of branded wines and spirits and Ciders for the Zimbabwean market and for export.
Our brands are our passion.
In April 1944, P J Joubert Limited was registered in Bulawayo. In 1946, this Company changed its name to African Distillers (Rhodesia) Limited. Initially, its activities were centred around the sale and distribution of imported spirits, liqueurs and wines. During the same year a distillery was acquired in Mutare and the local production of a range of spirits commenced. In 1951 African Distillers became a public quoted company.
In 1974, the Company moved to its present headquarters at Stapleford, a complex just outside Harare which houses production, warehousing and distribution facilities.
The Company has six depots in Bulawayo, Harare, Kwekwe, Masvingo, Mutare and Victoria Falls which ensure a first-class distribution service. These outlets are supplemented by Customer Collection Depots countrywide.
To be the most dynamic and preferred manufacturer and marketer of quality branded beverages for every occasion in Zimbabwe.
To sustainably grow the profitability and value of our business by providing branded quality beverages for our consumers.
Our Core Values
Our people are our greatest strength
- Our people are crucial to the achievement of our business goals.
- We provide a great place to work where each and every one of our people is inspired to be the best they can be.
- We believe that our organisation is stronger for having people of diverse backgrounds, traits and paradigms.
- We interact with each other and with all our stakeholders with trust, mutual respect and integrity.
- We value human life above all else and manage risks accordingly
We believe in the power of working in teams
- Our success is team-driven.
- We believe in sharing knowledge and knowhow throughout our organisation.
- We work in teams that demonstrate discipline, commitment and dedication.
- We encourage everyone to participate and collaborate with each other.
- We act with a sense of ownership and strive for excellence.
We hold ourselves accountable for the commitments we make as individuals and as teams
- We ensure that all employees’ roles are clearly defined and that all deliverables are accounted for.
- We ensure that our mission, goals and objectives are aligned and clearly articulated.
- We value performance management as the way to effectively drive individual and business performance.
- We balance short and long term results.
- We conduct ourselves with passion and seriousness of purpose in our pursuit of our goals.
We value openness and frankness in all our communications with each other
- We encourage our people to express different views and opinions.
- We communicate with openness and frankness with each other.
- We communicate sincere feedback to each other without offensive intent.
- Honesty and integrity are characteristic of all our communications and social interactions.
- We keep our promises.
We foster an entrepreneurial spirit to enhance continuous improvement and innovation in all our work
- We are a learning organisation that believes in life-long-learning.
- We anticipate and respond to changing customer, consumer, employee and community needs.
- We demand, recognise and reward excellence.
- We invest in our people, empower them and realise the potential of everyone through appropriate training and development.
We care for our customers, consumers and communities
- Our success is founded on an intimate understanding of our customers, consumers and communities.
- We believe that we succeed only when we exceed the expectations of our consumers.
- We strive to refresh our consumers, reward our stake holders and enhance the lives of our local communities.
- We have a passion for responsibly serving our customers with excellence.
We are responsible corporate citizens
- We avoid conflicts of interest but will declare situations where they may occur.
- We endeavour to ensure the use of safe and reliable materials and services in all our processes.
- We are committed to and encourage responsible marketing and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- We comply with the laws of the countries in which we do business.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- We endeavour to make a positive difference to our communities.
- We commit to respect our environment - we subscribe to the principle of sustainable development.